by eventblog@dm1n | Jun 30, 2021 | Uncategorized
4th of July Celebrations
- Raffle Sales: Please support the IDA by purchasing a 50/50 raffle ticket. Drawing to be held July 3rd at 8pm at Borough Hall, during the Glen Rock POPS Concert. Tickets can be purchased at Kilroy’s, Mail n’ More, Creative Den, Suka Jewelry, Francesca’s Pizza, Giannella’s, Rock Ridge, Carrick Mor, & Wilkes Deli.
- Glen Rock Pops (July 3rd): Keeping with tradition, the Glen Rock Pops will open the Independence Day Celebration on Saturday July 3 with a free concert on the lawn of Borough Hall at 7:00pm. Bring chairs and blankets and enjoy music under the stars. In case of rain, the performance will take place on Sunday July 4 at 7:00pm.
- 4th of July Parade: The Glen Rock IDA 4th of July Parade will be held Sunday, July 4th at 9:30am. The Parade will begin at Borough Hall and conclude at the Faber Field Sports Complex. Grand Marshalls to be announced!
Dedication to the Grand Marshals will begin at 9:00am at the Steps of Borough Hall.
Start time: Step off is at 9:30am at the Glen Rock Borough Hall Harding Plaza, Glen Rock NJ
- Leave Glen Rock Borough towards Rock Road
- Left onto Rock Road.
- Continuing on Rock Road through town, and right on Doremus Avenue.
- Ending at the Glen Rock Municipal Pool.
We have a wonderful variety of floats and participants in the parade. If your Block or organization would like to have a float or presence in the parade please use the application button on top of this page.
Decorate your Kids Bike, Scooter or Wagon!
To end the parade we have our decorated bikes, scooters and wagons. Kids of ALL ages are invited to participate. No sign up needed! Enter the parade at any time before the judges stand in front of Borough Hall so they can be judged for best decorated.
Bring your canned and non – perishable food!
The Religious Communities of Glen Rock collect canned and non-perishable foods each year for different food banks in our area.
by eventblog@dm1n | Jun 27, 2021 | Reflections
This year I, Boyd Lowry, have had the honor of recording the church services and streaming them online to the Community Church of Glen Rock congregation. I get to experience what so many of us had long for on Sunday morning. Janet our Director of Music selects the music and performers that I was able to live streaming to your living rooms. The spirit of God is with us on demand, what a glorious gift. Music has always been the most moving and emotional way of praising God. Janet glorifies the Holy Trinity in music, words, and grace.
The Holy Spirit is forever present to keep us safe. He will be there always within our hearts. When we accept God into our lives and release ourselves from burdens that weigh us down, the weight is lifted from mind, body, and soul. What does it mean to accept the Holy Trinity; Father, Son & Holy Ghost in one’s life. God our father is above us; Jesus Christ died for us; the Holy Ghost surround us as we live our lives together in faith. This is a remarkable gift, a gift that is hard to image. When I am lost and confused, I pray to God and worship the Cross in the sanctuary; when I am dealing with issues each day; trying to get through the weight of life, I know I am not alone.
Christian Songs are full of emotion, imagery, and faith. Life is not easy, and we need to be filled up by something that is greater than ourselves; we must seek out something greater. One who is close to our hearts, and ever present. The Holy Spirit guides us through our trials and frustrations of life. This year has been a hard one. One full of great loss and despair. We struggle with the news, the pandemic, the lack of food, housing, and attendance at our churches. Some of us find peace when we view online services. We mediate on the word, we fill ourselves up with the beauty of the stain glass windows, the order of worship and how it is familiar to us.
Pastor Terry delivers the word of Christ from the pulpit each week. His sermons bring the word of God into our livings rooms screens where we are safe from an invisible threat. Interpreting God’s word in his sermons each week; to experience and walk with God is an honorable sacrifice. Sacrifice and Service to our lord and savior reminds us why we are here. Honoring Pastor Terry service to our congregation while sharing his journey in Christ at the pulpit helps us all.
In Service to all, I brought this streamed service using care and patience. Prepared by our church leaders and delivered to your living rooms, computers, and phones. What we receive is the loving arms of the Holy Spirit all around us, filling us up. My faith has grown this year, through my daily Bible study, Christian music, and weekly Church service recordings. In service I honor all our music professionals and Pastors. May we all feel the arms of the Holy Spirit among us and as we grieve those we have lost, and those dreams put on hold let us glorify all that is great around us.